Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 38: Leek



We are down to 12, count them 12 days until we get to meet our first born!!  We are still of course scared shitless of becoming parents but this is something only he and I will share - this child.  No one else could create he or she.  It is all ours in this great big world.  

Our little Cash is getting plump - approximately 6.8 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek)




This week was a whirlwind.  Work feels stressful since I am trying to transition everything before I am on leave.  But I have a great support there so I know all will be ok.  I just like to be on top of things.  This is also true for the house.  I am trying very hard to keep all clean and in order.  I want to be doing more than I am but also not waiting to go into labor.  Thank goodness for a hubby that tries to make me happy by not leaving his shoes by the door and a mom that I feel like I am slave driving when I sit a cut fruit while she cleans my bathrooms :)




On Friday I had my week 38 visit with Dr. E's partner. She was really nice and I am so glad since she will be on call the weekend of my C-section.  I had lost 2 pounds, blood pressure is great (114/62 for anyone that cares - haha) and just trotting right along.  Well starting to waddle per BK.  My belly is measuring 39 centimeters, baby's heart sounded wonderful, and she thinks I am dilated about 1 cm.  She said if she checked any higher she would be in my tonsils because the Cash is still very high, and breech.  So until next Friday we are hoping all just stays as is...


It was very bright out today.



My weekend has been pretty easy.  It started off with breakfast with one of my best friends at the yummy Cracker Barrel, did a bit of necessity shopping with my mom, lounged in the pool and watched the Olympics.  Today I did my normal weekly grocery trip, made a few frozen meals for post baby, about to jar some pickles, and more Olympics...flying my Olympic freak flag and staying cozy on the couch wrapped in my Team GB blanket (courtesy of the dear Jo)

Only a few more posts left *tear*

Have a marvelous week!

l.o.v.e.
CC

5 comments:

wendy anderson said...

Awesome pictures!! Countdown is on!!! Love you so much and so happy for you guys!!! Yah!!! Cash will be here soon!!! Can't wait :)

Brooke Kelly Photography said...

12 days or less. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Just a slight, adorable waddle. ;)

You have a ton of posts left...just only a couple more being preggo.

I can't believe how fast time has flown by.

You are the most beautiful pregnant woman ever.

Nicole Elliott said...

Wow, I can't believe it is almost here. Seriously flew by! Can't wait to hold Cash and share all the love we have for him/her.
Soak in these last few days of being pregnant!
Love you!

Candy Howard said...

You. Are. Having. A. Baby! So close!!! Congratulations! (Beautiful, as always!)

Jen Huddleston said...

Have mercy, woman! This countdown is making me cry. Hormones much?! Who is going to tell me when the moment arrives?!?!?!?!?!?!