Friday, February 22, 2013

27 Weeks


Dear Harrison,

This week was a week your Momma has been anticipating for longer than just 9 months.  Your Godparents, Jess and Steve finally became parents!!!

It has been a week full of love.  We had one last meal with them before the end of the pregnancy journey.  You got some snuggles and I got some amazing kicks from Reme Lynn.  It was wonderful to have time with them as now a new journey is beginning.

Reme Lynn was born on February 20, 2013.  Just 6 months and 10 days after you.   

After the birth and after the new family had some time together, we ventured to the hospital to meet your new friend.




Reme is perfect and after holding you, as light as a feather!




Your Aunt Jess looked amazing after her C-section and is already a natural mother.  I cannot wait for you to love her like I love her.  She has the greatest heart and I truly look up to her.  And from the eyes in the picture below you might think we were related.  I'd be beyond thrilled if she was my sister but I will settle for best friend.




Once Reme grows a little I suspect you will become the greatest of playmates and friends.  This my son is one of the joys of friendship...having people you love so much bring life into the world.  I've experienced this twice when your Aunt Brooke had her babies and now, the third time you are here to be apart of it.  It truly is a blessing.


A little photo-bomb of your Aunt Brooke's first picture with Reme.

It was a grand day to see two wonderful people so incredibly happy and to be there to witness the start of their family of three.

In other news of your week...

You have now had sweet potatoes and avocado.  You are sounding out more "words".   You are scooting more and go from sitting to your belly.  You like to pat your belly.    You like silly songs.  You are so attached to your blanket.  You only wake in the night now if you are separated from it.  One night this week you dropped in on the floor.  When I walked in your room your arm was trying to reach out of the crib to grab it.  So crib bumper is going up today.  You are pretty adorable with your blanket and thumb.    You figured out your sippy cup.  And a tooth is starting to bud on your bottom right.

I love you more and more every single second.

xoxo~
Momma

3 comments:

Brooke Kelly Photography said...

The best of days with all these babies. My heart is so full of love!!!

And a tooth popped through?!? Must see! :)

Nicole Elliott said...

Sweet post as always! What a wonderful week.
And yay for teeth!

Unknown said...

Candace,
Thank you for writing this sweet letter! I love you! I am so honored to have you as my friend. I so look forward to our children growing up together and being with you for all of their milestones, like eating sweet potatoes and getting teeth!
I'm sort of at loss for words right now to express my appreciation, adoration, love and respect for you!
We love ya,
Jess & Reme Lynn